Friday, December 7, 2007

Getting Some Reading Done

Man, it's hard to believe that we're already a full week into the month of December. Seems like yesterday that 2007 was just beginning, and now it's almost over. Where does all the time go?

Anyway, I'm not posting because I wanted to talk about the calendar. I actually wanted to do a little more talking about comic books. Remember two weeks ago when I said I'd bought issues two through six of Daredevil: Yellow? I tracked down a supposedly near mint copy of the first issue on MyComicShop.com for only $1.49, so I went ahead and bought it. I also found a pair of comics on the site that I just had to have: near mint copies of Batman Annual #14 (for only 98 cents, no less) and - get this - an adaptation of Superman IV. I've gone on record saying that Superman IV is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but I had to have a comic book version just to prove that such a thing exists. And for $7.54 after shipping, I think I got a pretty good deal on these three comics. They'll be shipping to me on Wednesday, so I'll probably do another post about them in a week or two, whenever they arrive in my mailbox.

And I've been going through that site like crazy, marking all the stuff I'd eventually like to get one day. I did save the individual issues of Watchmen to my want list, but I think I might be better off getting the graphic novel. I only say that because getting all twelve issues off that website would set me back over 210 bucks, and that's a little rich for my blood.

While we're talking about comics, I found a few at the local library that I just had to check out. The ones I found are Batman: Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, Superman: President Lex, and a hardback edition of issues 14 through 27 of Ultimate Spider-Man. I haven't gotten around to reading any of the DC stuff yet, but I've been flipping through the Spider-Man book, and what I've read is so good. I wish the library had the first thirteen issues too, but I don't have a problem hunting them down online or on Amazon.

So yeah, I've got myself plenty of stuff to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home