Friday, September 22, 2006

Project Progress

I posted last week about some of my projects, about how I was hoping to do a double feature of reviews plus a third one. Unfortunately, the third one has temporarily fallen through due to circumstances beyond my control. But I'm hoping to get it written whenever I can, and the double feature is still going to happen regardless. I promise.

As it stands now, I think my recent review writing binge is going to continue for a while. I had the idea of jotting down which movies on my Netflix queue I'd like to write about, but I discovered that it would be just as easy to make a note of which ones I didn't want to write about. I think my efforts are going to need to be halved, otherwise I'll be doing nothing but writing these reviews. If I were getting paid for it, that'd be one thing. But it's just a hobby now, so I'll be doing them at my leisure.

But there are quite a few reviews that I really would like to write. I'd like to do a few comedies, which will be good because S@TM's sea of reviews could stand to be a little bit deeper. Man cannot live on horror alone, can he?

Anyway, I already have the first review in the double feature finished, but the second one is going to be as hard to write as the first. I say so because the movie is so mind-numbingly awful that I'm having a hard time thinking of ways to insult it. I just can't bring myself to mock it without getting angry about how bad it is. I'd rather hit myself in the groin with a sledgehammer than talk about this movie. It's not as awful as Pulse, but it's still pretty horrible. And that's one of S@TM's unspoken mission statements: I watch garbage so you don't have to. Except for Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector. I'm not watching that movie, even if you paid me.

Which is rather sad, actually. I'll watch Catwoman, Superman 4, Batman & Robin, and House of the Dead, but I wouldn't touch Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector with a ten-foot pole. And why is that? Because Larry the Cable Guy is the Antichrist.

That, and I'm just not ready to add negative stars to my ratings scale.

2 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

So bad you don't know how to stop insulting it? A potential of negative stars? I *can't wait* for you to watch Bloodrayne.

Good luck with the reviews. I'm ready for them, brother.

September 22, 2006 at 5:33 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

See, I'm much better when I'm talking about something I hate rather than something I enjoy. I'm in my element tearing peoples' ideas apart for my own amusement, rather than lavishing praise. Kind of an ass, too.

ZIBAN!

September 22, 2006 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home