Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Day After

Even though it seems that I didn't accomplish a whole lot, today was such a long day. Myself and my hetero life-mate Mo picked up some friends of ours from Lawrenceburg and went to Lexington in order to watch See No Evil again. Me and Mo had already seen it, but they hadn't, and they were determined to see that despite our attempts to convince them to see the much more superior X-Men 3 instead.

If you read my previous post regarding See No Evil, then that pretty much stands. However, I should probably retract that "best pro wrestler movie" comment. After being reminded of the work of The Rock by Lib, that comment isn't exactly relevant, since I thought The Scorpion King and Walking Tall were both better than See No Evil. Though as I said previously, Kane's character of "Jacob Goodnight" could be an entertaining horror villain on the C-list somewhere between Wishmaster and Leprechaun. But it'll take a few sequels that can improve on a movie that is, frankly, average at best. My rating of three stars stands.

After the movie, we swung by the shopping center at Lexington Green, where after spending a lot of time in Joseph-Beth's (which would totally be my Borders if I lived closer to Lexington), we moved on to the Disc Jockey store next door. There, I scored a little birthday present for myself: the DVD of Backlash. Hurrah.

Then after going back to Anderson County and hanging out at Lawrenceburg's park for a while, we headed home. The day was long, but fun, so I'll chalk it up on my list of good days.

And that's enough for this post. Out for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Sounds like a fun day to me. Wish I'd been there.

May 31, 2006 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home