Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I See No Evil, But I See Movies

Another mini-review to kill some time.

I caught the 4:50 showing of See No Evil today, and I'd go out on a limb and say that it's the best movie with a pro wrestler in the lead role ever made. That isn't saying much, when you consider the competition is movies like Mr. Nanny and 3 Ninjas: High Noon on Mega Mountain.

But in any event, the main cast - or as I prefer to call them, the cannon fodder - is disposable. Kane, on the other hand, makes for not all that bad of a villain. He most certainly has the look down, but I think it might take a few, better-made sequels to put him even in the same league as the Wishmaster or the Leprechaun, let alone Jason, Freddy, or Leatherface. But I'll go out on a limb and give See No Evil a solid three stars. I can't complain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

This one never opened around here, which is annoying because I kind of wanted to see it. Never did make it to Silent Hill, either...but that might still be around somewhere I can find it.

Now, would you consider movies starring the Rock to fit in your criteria here, or would he be a "former wrestler" instead. Alternately, are any of his movies better than See No Evil anyway? I thought The Rundown was pretty good.

May 24, 2006 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger Matt Sutton said...

You know, I forgot all about The Rock. So never mind the comment behind the curtain.

May 24, 2006 at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home