Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy 30th Birthday To Me

Yes, you read that headline correctly. Today is indeed my thirtieth birthday. I'm honestly not sure how to feel about it, either. Part of me does feel older, as I'm at the beginning of another decade of life. But I feel like I've wasted some of that life as well. The friends I had in high school have all moved away and started families; I'm still living with my parents and I've been single for over a decade. I'm a college dropout with a crappy, minimum wage job, and I don't have much else to brag about.

But I have my life and what's left of my health, right? That's something, right? It's better than nothing, anyway. I know I may sound like I'm going through an early mid-life crisis, since all I'm doing is complaining. But I'm actually in quite a good mood. I mean, I only get to say I'm 30 for one year out of my life. And while it's not the milestone event like 16, 18, or 21, it's still special to me.

You know, I still have no idea where I was going to take this post when I started writing it. But I know where I'll take it now. Happy birthday, me. You're awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home