Sunday, February 26, 2012

The "Sutton At The Movies" Achievement Awards

The Oscars are tonight, which reminds me that I actually have yet to do what's become a yearly tradition for me: the "Sutton At The Movies" Achievement Awards. I'll be the first to admit that's not a very original title, but what do I care? Anyway, this is the one post out of the year where I honor the best (and sometimes the worst) of the movies I saw the previous year. So without further ado...
  • Best Movie: X-Men: First Class
  • Best Actor: Michael Fassbender, X-Men: First Class and Michael Parks, Red State (a tie!)
  • Best Actress: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, The Thing
  • Best Supporting Actor: William Fichtner, Drive Angry
  • Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Lawrence, X-Men: First Class
  • Best On-Screen Team: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifinakis, The Hangover Part II
  • Best Sequel: The Hangover Part II
  • Best Action Movie: Hobo with a Shotgun
  • Best Comedy: The Hangover Part II
  • Best Horror Movie: Paranormal Activity 3
  • Best Remake: Fright Night
  • Best 3D Effects: Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • Worst 3D Effects: The Green Hornet
  • Best Hero: Chris Evans, Captain America: The First Avenger
  • Best Villain: Colin Farrell, Fright Night
  • Best Fight: Seth Rogen vs. Jay Chou, The Green Hornet
  • Best Movie Based On A Comic Book: X-Men: First Class
  • Worst Movie: Sucker Punch
  • Worst Advertising: Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star. It probably would have been "Worst Movie" too, but I didn't actually see it.
And thus concludes the S@TM Achievement Awards for the year that was 2011. I'm already looking forward to seeing how the 2012 version will pan out, with The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, and a bunch of other movies I'm looking forward to seeing coming out this year. The year has gotten off to a slow start, with only Chronicle really getting above mediocrity (though I did think Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance was a lot of fun).

But like I always say, we'll just have to wait and see. Here's hoping 2012's movies don't suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home