Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Post Two Weeks Late

Holy crap, it's October already. Well into October, even. And here I am, totally unprepared. I know Halloween's not for another few weeks, but I could at least start trying to get ready.

But it just hit me that I completely forgot to blog about seeing the remake of Straw Dogs. I saw it two weeks ago and I'm just now getting around to writing my short little mini-review. Shame on me. But I'm here and you're here, so we might as well do this now.

I've never seen Sam Peckinpah's original Straw Dogs, so I can't judge how the remake compares to it. But this new Straw Dogs isn't a bad movie at all. It's a tense, visceral movie, an orchestra of violence and rage. Though not as extreme as I've seen some movies take things, Straw Dogs is still a bleak movie. But it's so well made and acted that I couldn't possibly bring myself to dislike it. The movie wasn't what I was expected it to be, but I still won't complain. And thus, I'm going to give it three and a half stars and a thumbs up.

Granted, I could have gone more in depth, but it's been two weeks, so I hope you'll forgive my memory of the movie being a bit hazy. Next time, I'll really have to remember to do posts like this sooner. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go start my preparations for Halloween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home