Saturday, September 17, 2011

Is Silence Really Golden?

It just hit me that I haven't posted one single solitary thing here this month. And I can't say I've really thought about doing so, either. The problem is that I don't really know why.

A few years ago, I could have knocked out at least one post a week. Nowadays, I'm lucky to come up with one a month. I spend so much time writing for the S@TM blog and I can't cobble together a couple of words for the blog that I'd started first? The MSX's tenth anniversary is coming up soon, and I rarely ever do anything with it anymore. What's my problem?

I've written more than one post like this over the last year or two, and none of them have ever spurred me into posting more often or more creatively. I just fall back into my same old routine every time. Hell, I've posted more on my Twitter feed in the last two weeks than I have here in the last two months. (And if you aren't already, you really should be following me on Twitter.) But why can't I come up with more things to write about here?

Maybe I'm lazy. That's certainly part of it. Or maybe it's a lack of creativity. I do have a hard time thinking up new things to write about. Or maybe it's a combination of both things. Either way, I'm really disappointed with myself for not blogging like I used to. But with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas coming up around the corner, I'm hoping I can come up with some holiday-themed posts between now and the end of the year. Even if it's just for a little while, I want to come up with something fun for the MSX. I mean, I'd hate for this blog to go to waste.

Wouldn't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home