Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Working For The Weekend

Wow, we're already this far into March and I haven't blogged once yet? I'm noth disappointed and not surprised. With so little blogging as I do here to begin with, I'm not sure why I continue to keep the MSX open. I say more on my Twitter feed than I do here. But I guess it's mostly due to having had it open so long that I can't see myself not having the MSX around in some fashion. No sense in changing some status quos.

But I guess I can blog about a few things while I'm here. For starters, I had to skip this month's screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show in Lexington. I'm bummed tremendously by that, since I apparently missed a heck of a show (according to the shadowcast's Facebook page, anyway). I hate that I had to miss out, but there's always next month, right?

In other blog-worthy news, I've been doing a lot of work over in the electronics department of Walmart instead of my usual position in grocery. They've been bouncing me back and forth between grocery and alectronics, along with having me get fish for customers since there's apparently nobody in the pets department during my shift. And I'll have to check my paystub tomorrow, but I fear that I may not have gotten the raise that would come with working in electronics. It'd be only forty cents more than what I'm making now, but if that's forty cents that I earned and that Walmart is supposed to be putting in my pocket, then I'm fairly certain that the entire building will be engulfed in a blaze fueled solely by my white-hot rage. No kidding.

But I think I'm getting along okay in electronics for now. It's more stressful, and there's more work that's expected of me, but at least the days seem to go by quicker. The really bad part is that working in grocery gave me more opportunities to find somewhere to hide and relax for a few minutes. I knew where all the security cameras in grocery were (and where they weren't), meaning that I knew where I could get away with standing around shooting the breeze with somebody. But the cameras are everywhere in electronics. What a bummer.

I'm not sure if my stay in electronics is permanent, and I'm torn on whether or not I want it to be. But like with everything else, we'll have to ride it out and see how things go. Hopefully it all turns out well in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home