Friday, March 25, 2011

I Wish I Had A Cool Alien Friend

You know, every time I post here, I'm reminded of how lazy I am when it comes to the MSX. I mention that because I meant to write this post last Friday and I completely forgot about it until right now. I know I complain about it all the time, but I really should start working to improve that.

Anyway, I had a day off last Friday, and I headed out to see both Hall Pass and Paul. That was the plan, anyway. I stopped at the McDonald's next door to the theater before seeing anything, but when I went to pay for my order, I realized that I'd left all my money at home. Because I'm an idiot. So by the time I got back home to retrieve what scant money I had and made it back to the theater, I really only had time to see Paul.

As someone who enjoys the work of Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Seth Rogan, I had a hell of a lot of fun watching Paul. It's totally a love letter to the alien movies from the '70s and '80s, but a great movie in its own right. The only real problem I had with the movie was that I didn't care much for Kristin Wiig or her character. But then again, I've never a fan of Wiig, so that's probably part of it. But other than that, Paul is two hours of pure entertainment from start to finish. The only thing that could have made it better is if Edgar Wright had directed it. I'm going to give it three and a half stars leaning towards four, and a thumbs-up.

And let me tell you, I'll be glad when May gets here so the summer blockbuster season can get started. Outside of Sucker Punch and Scream 4, there's not really much I'm looking forward to until Thor comes out in May. You'd better hurry up, April. You hear me? Make it quick, April!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home