Sunday, January 2, 2011

Rocking In The New Year

I said in my previous post that 2011 was treating me pretty well thus far. The reason why that is: I got to see my first Rocky Horror screening of the year last night. And I don't know how, but I even roped my dad into going with me.

I was fully expecting to have fun just based on seeing how my dad would react. But the "shadowcast" made the entire show totally worth the money. It turns out that the majority of the cast were either gone for the holidays or still drunk from their New Year's parties, so only three of them showed up (one of whom was late and didn't have his costume). They even pulled somebody out of the crowd to perform with them. So four people playing multiple characters with no props made for a screening that was way too much fun to watch. The only bad part was I had nothing to throw up in the air, but then most of the people who were there didn't either.

I'm sure I'm not doing it justice, but I guess it was one of those things where you just had to be there. It was a unique experience, to say the least. They're not all going to be that way, but I just wonder what they'll do at the next one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home