Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Dates Are Due On Maple Street

It's been a few weeks since I've had the chance to go out to the movies, so I figured I'd use a little free time I had today to go check out something new. November's been kind of a slow month for movies I'm actually interested in, with only Due Date and Unstoppable being the only ones that have caught my eye so far. So I ended up picking Due Date today, and I can tell you that I dug it a lot.

Yeah, the movie hasn't gotten many glowing reviews (according to Rotten Tomatoes, anyway). But I personally thought Due Date was a fun, funny movie. The plot might be a knockoff of Trains, Planes, and Automobiles, but I still had a great time watching it. Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifinakis are entertaining as all hell, and while there are a few parts that don't quite work, it's relatively consistent in its ability to entertain. I'm gonna give it three and a half stars, and suggest that you check it out if you think it might be up your alley. With the new Harry Potter movie out, you won't have to worry about finding a seat in a theater auditorium showing Due Date.

And while we're on the topic of movies, feel free to head on over to the S@TM blog and read my review of Tron. Since the sequel comes out next month, I figured now would be as good a time as any to review the original. Now do me a favor and click the link, won't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home