Sunday, August 29, 2010

Doing The Time Warp

I've always been open about my love of movies and going to movie theaters. But there's always been one moviegoing experience that I'd never got to partake in, that being attending a midnight screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I love Rocky Horror, and the DVD has proudly been a part of my collection for ten years. But seeing the real Rocky Horror, the one populated by the loons in costumes throwing stuff in the air and pantomiming the movie... that's something something I'd never got to partake in.

That is, until last night.

I finally got the chance to attend one of the midnight screenings of Rocky Horror that the Kentucky Theater up in Lexington hosts every month, and I loved every second of it. I didn't go in any sort of a costume, unfortunately, but I still had an absolute ball tossing stuff, yelling at the screen, and doing the actual Time Warp dance. How can someone not have the time of their life with that?

And I knew going in that it might be kinda crazy, but standing outside the theater before the movie started, I learned that I'd severely underestimated the level of actual crazy that would be had. I mean, you know you're in for a wild experience when a couple of half-naked hoochies with mohawks are getting spanked with Twizzlers in front of the theater before the movie starts. I anticipated seeing something silly, but that? There's no anticipating that.

Having finally got to be a part of the theatrical experience, my appreciation for Rocky Horror has gone up a hundredfold. Why can't every movie be this much fun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home