Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Busy, Busy Week

You wouldn't believe just how busy the last seven days have been for yours truly. My job has cut my hours something fierce lately, leaving me with lots of free time to do fun stuff, primarily movie watching.

On Monday, I headed out to see Piranha 3D, which was a heck of a lot of fun. Of course, it isn't a "good" movie per se. But it's an utterly shameless parade of blood, naked women, and outright silliness, which makes it way more entertaining than you may expect it to be. Like The Expendables, there's really no critiquing Piranha 3D, because it's more about having an hour and a half of dumb fun than compelling storytelling or award-worthy acting. On the usual scale, the movie gets three and a half stars and a thumbs-up.

I followed that on Friday with another trip to the theater to see The Last Exorcism. I'm not going to go too in depth with it because I'm working on a full review of it for the S@TM blog, but what I will say is that The Last Exorcism was flawed yet frightening, and that it gets four stars on the scale.

Also over the course of the week, I actually managed to write five new movie reviews. Yeah, five in one week. I've surprised even myself. The movies in question are The Toxic Avenger, The Toxic Avenger Part II, The Toxic Avenger Part III: The Last Temptation of Toxie, Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV, and [·REC] 2. I know you're thinking, "one of those movies is not like the others, one of those movies just doesn't belong." But hey, after knocking out all four Toxic Avenger movies in four days, I was still on a roll and wanted to review something else. And besides, I'd had [·REC] 2 on my DVR since the beginning of July, so I figured writing a review was a good enough reason for me to finally watch it. So get to clicking the links, won't you?

Oh, and one more thing... there was something else I did recently that I really want to post about. But I think that merits its own post, not being stuck down at the bottom of this one. So hang on a little bit, and I'll give you all the details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home