Saturday, July 24, 2010

At Least It Wasn't AVP3

Hey folks, welcome back to the MSX. I've actually had a post I've been meaning to do for about a week now, but I've been putting it off out of sheer laziness. Forgive me.

But what I wanted to talk about was seeing Predators. I'd been looking forward to it since it was first announced, since I'm a fan of the Predator franchise. Yeah, so Predator 2 was mediocre and the Alien vs. Predator movies are super-lame. But I'm still a Predator fan and I had to see the new one.

And you know what? It was pretty darn cool. And awesome, too. Can't forget awesome. It's not quite as good as the original movie, but it doesn't need to be. It's its own thing, and is better for it. The cast is great, and it's a spectacularly-produced flick, with cool effects and kickass action scenes. I especially liked Laurence Fishburne's glorified cameo, which was a lot of fun and one of the biggest highlights of the movie.

It isn't playing around here anymore, but if it is in your neck of the woods, go see it. Predators is a real treat, and gets four stars on the Sutton Scale.

And before I wrap this up, I wanted to point you in the direction of the review I posted at S@TM last week. The review in question is my second consecutive Asylum review, their Paranormal Activity knockoff Paranormal Entity. Go check it out at your leisure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home