Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Work And Play

Hey, everybody, what's up? I hope you guys had a great Memorial Day and are enjoying the month of July thus far. I can't complain, personally.

This past Sunday was a rough day, however, thanks to me getting caught up in some really frustrating bullcrap at work. If Sunday was Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, then I was Glass Joe. Even thinking about it drains all the energy from me. So instead of going into the details, let's move on, shall we?

Instead, I'd like to talk about happy times. Who doesn't like happy times? My birthday was on Saturday, making yours truly one year closer to 30. Yikes. It's weird thinking about it, but the fact that I'm 28 now... wow. I'm not sure how to really feel about it.

I'd have been happier if I didn't have to work on my birthday, but what can you do? And even as crappy as Sunday was, I did manage to have a smile put on my face over the weekend by getting a few new PS3 games. One of them was a game I'd been looking to get for over a year now, Resident Evil 5. I've never made it a secret that I'm a fan of the Resident Evil franchise, and similar to what I and the now-defunct New Hampshire Joyride did with Resident Evil 4 a few years back, I've been thinking of keeping a "war journal" chronicling my battles with biological weapons in a third-world African country. The war journals following my exploits might be infrequent due to my work schedule, but it might be a fun little distraction. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

I also picked up Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City, so I've got plenty of M-rated gaming goodness for my PS3. Between that and work, I'll never have a minute of free time, will I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home