Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The End Of The Line For A CGI Ogre

Okay, so I haven't really been doing much blogging lately. It's just that I haven't really been in the mood for it. That, and I haven't had much to say, anyway. There's not a lot going on at work for me to talk about, and I've been spending my off-days just sitting around the house doing nothing. I guess I could just come up with a theme and run with it, but that'll have to be later.

Why later? Because I kinda wanted to talk about the movie my mom and I saw today while I had a little free time. The movie in question: Shrek Forever After. Yeah, all the commercials are calling it Shrek: The Final Chapter, but the movie itself said Shrek Forever After, and that's the title I'm going with.

It wasn't the best movie in the franchise. It wasn't even second best. But hey, it was better than Shrek The Third, which is something positive, because Shrek The Third was pretty lame. I honestly can't say that I thought it was a bad movie, because it did have its good moments. The problem is that it's ultimately kinda forgettable. I saw it just a few hours ago, and I'm already having a hard time remembering a lot of it.

There's no reason for it to have been that way, either. Shrek Forever After could have been so much better. But it's ultimately a mediocre movie with a few funny jokes here and there. It's not bad, it's just kinda there. So I guess I'll give it a thumbs-in-the-middle with three stars and a recommendation if you're a diehard Shrek fan.

And do Paramount and DreamWorks really expect us to believe this is the last Shrek movie? How many times have we heard movies claim to be the end of a franchise, only to keep going?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home