Tuesday, April 13, 2010

No Soundtrack By The Clash? Boo!

Believe it or not, I haven't been to a movie theater since February, when I saw The Crazies. I just had to fix that. So tonight, while I had a day off from work, headed out with my folks to see the remake of Clash of the Titans. I wasn't really interested in seeing it, to be totally honest with you, but I needed some kind of break and a movie was the way to do it.

I'll admit that I've never actually seen the original Clash of the Titans, so I couldn't use it as some kind of point of reference. Either way, I thought the remake was fun yet pointless entertainment that's an acceptable way to spend two hours. My real problem with it, though, was that there was no reason at all for the movie to be in 3D. It contributes nothing whatsoever to the movie, and the decision to convert it from 2D was made just so they could add an extra $2.50 to the ticket prices.

But the truth is that there's not really a whole lot to say about the movie. It's not bad, it's not great... it's just okay. It's disposable entertainment, like I said. If you're in the mood for a movie and don't really care what you see, you could do worse than Clash of the Titans. So I guess I'd give it three stars on the Sutton Scale, if I had to be strong-armed into such things. But while I was on the fence about Clash of the Titans, I at least have Kick-Ass, the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, and Iron Man 2 to look forward to, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home