Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kick-Ass It Is, Kick Ass It Does

Today was what feels like a rare day off from work for me, so I celebrated by heading out to see Kick-Ass. And in a couple of words, it was awesome. I'm going to look like a total dork for admitting this, but I thought it was so great that I actually sat and watched it twice in a row. Kick-Ass is that kind of movie.

If you have even the smallest bit of interest in the movie, go see it. While it isn't for everyone and more than earns its R rating, it's also one of those movies that never lets up once it starts rolling. It both revers and thumbs its nose at superhero conventions, and if you're a fan, then you'll most likely enjoy Kick-Ass as much as I did.

While the action is exciting and the jokes are funny, what really makes the movie work is the acting. Every member of the cast is on their A-game, and make each second of the movie worth watching. This is especially true of Nicolas Cage and young Chloë Grace Moretz, who completely steal the show. Their performances are phenomenal, especially Moretz. They're totally worth the price of admission alone.

I'm actually hoping to do a full review of the movie for the S@TM sometime in the near future, so you'll be able to read my full, detailed thoughts if and when I get it posted. But as far as this blog goes, Kick-Ass is some first-rate entertainment. And on my Five-Star Sutton Scale, it definitely earns no less than four stars. Do yourself a favor and go check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home