Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Working For The Weekend

When I finally got my drivers license a year and a half ago, it was a huge step forward for me. Granted, it's a step I should have taken in 1998, but at least I got it done. And now, I'm on the verge of taking another really big step in life. In less than 24 hours, I'm starting orientation on my first real job. Yes, I'm finally gainfully employed, and I'm pretty darn proud of myself.

The job in question will take me to the sporting goods department of Walmart. It's only part time, but part time is better than no time, right? I'd rather be on full time, but I'll take what I can get and see where that takes me for now.

The bad thing, though, is that the Walmart I'll be working at is all the way in Frankfort, which is nearly an hour away. I've got to admit that I'm not completely, 100% sold on the idea of driving all that way for a part time job at $7.80 an hour. But there's nothing that says I won't get full time hours eventually, right? Of course not, stop worrying.

So yeah, I'm among the working folk now. And as nervous as I am, that's pretty cool to say (or to type, in this instance). I'm really looking forward to seeing how it'll turn out. I mean, this is a pretty big deal for me. I hope you regular readers will wish me luck, because I think I may need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home