Saturday, March 6, 2010

"Room" For Improvement

When I decided to review a series of bad movies for the S@TM blog, I thought I'd built up a tolerance strong enough to keep my sanity intact.

I was wrong.

I thought I'd seen bad when I reviewed Showgirls. I thought I'd seen bad when I reviewed Howard the Duck. I thought I'd seen bad when I reviewed Manos: The Hands of Fate. But even Manos pales in comparison to the unrelenting terror of The Room.

The Room has been called "the Citizen Kane of bad movies," which may sound like a bunch of hype. But I want you to know that it's the absolute truth. It takes the idea of bad movies and turns it into an art form. If bad movies were put in museums, The Room would be the Mona Lisa.

And I don't want to pat myself on the back, but I actually think it led to one of my better reviews as far as writing goes. But I'll just leave it up to you, the readers, to make the final judgment on that, though. I must also say that it's too bad I don't do video reviews, because then you'd have seen what me having a complete nervous breakdown looks like. That's how awful The Room is.

So please, go read my review. And then, if you think sanity is overrated, go find a copy of the movie and watch it. I'm hoping that it'll be like the cursed videotape in The Ring, where I'll be a little less crazy if someone else watches it. If not, at least I won't be alone in having seen the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home