Monday, January 11, 2010

Making A Resolution

I've been thinking about it lately, and it really seems like I've been neglecting the MSX over the last couple of months. I get the feeling like all I really do with it are post about how I saw a movie that day, or posting a link to the newest post at the "Sutton at the Movies" blog, something I could easily use Twitter for. I don't know how or why it's gotten that way, but I can't say that I particularly like it.

One of the big reasons I started the MSX was to carve a little niche for myself in the broad expanse that is the Internet. Cyberspace is a vast wilderness, and I just wanted to claim a little piece, no matter how tiny, and call it mine. Did I ever expect any sort of audience? No. The MSX has existed in various forms for just over eight years, and I have exactly two regular readers. So obviously, I'm not doing this for any sort of attention.

I really just wanted to do it for the sake of doing it. To essentially leave some kind of record to say, "I was here. I existed." I'm looking back on a lot of my posts, and all I can see is, "I was at the movie theater. I saw a ton of movies." And I thought I had more to say than just that. I was hoping the record I wanted to leave would be broader than that.

Maybe that should be my resolution for 2010, to give the MSX the attention it deserves. Yeah, that sounds good. I'm not usually the resolution type, but I don't see anything wrong with that one. I just hope that it's a resolution I can actually keep. I'd be so bummed if 2011 rolled around and I hadn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home