Thursday, December 3, 2009

I Know Kung Fu (Or Maybe I Don't)

I've knocked out a few reviews for "Sutton at the Movies" lately, but it's actually been a while since I've been to a theater to see something new. I missed the whole month of November because there wasn't really anything I wanted to see. Well, there was a movie out that I wanted to see, but I didn't get a chance to see it until today.

The movie in question: Ninja Assassin.

Yeah, the movie's ads looked kinda corny, but what's wrong with wanting to see a kung fu movie once in a while? So since my dad and I have been kinda bored lately, we headed out to our favorite movie theater and checked it out.

Turns out it wasn't the insanely awesome thrill ride I'd hoped it would be. For a movie sold on nothing but fight scenes, those fight scenes weren't all that exciting. I'm sure they would have been, though, if the cinematography wasn't so murky. I honestly had no idea what was going on. It was like they shot a Jason Statham movie in a cave with just flashlights, and the cameraman and editor were having seizures. But what I could see, though, had some embarrassingly fake-looking CGI, which I couldn't help but laugh at. I couldn't even hear the dialogue correctly because I think the theater was having a problem with their sound system. So it was like watching a Jason Statham movie while being dizzy and with my ears plugged. So yeah.

I guess if I had to give it a rating on my usual scale of five, I'd probably give it two and a half stars. I'll more than likely think differently of it after I have the chance to see it on DVD a few months and hopefully be able to enjoy it. But as it stands, it's barely mediocre, and not really as entertaining as I'd wished it was. And that's a shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home