Sunday, December 27, 2009

Elementary, My Dear Watson

You know, I wanted to write this post a few hours ago. But I got a PS3 for Christmas, and I ended up getting so wrapped up in playing Batman: Arkham Asylum that I ended up sitting in front of my TV for way too long and forgot to hit the blog until right now. What's wrong with me?

I'd actually wanted to do this post to talk about how I saw Sherlock Holmes about twelve hours ago. I didn't know what to expect of it, since I've never read any of the books that feature the titular detective. And you know what? I enjoyed the movie a lot. It was a heck of a lot of fun. It does run about fifteen minutes too long, but other than that, I don't have any real complaints. The four main members of the cast - Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams, and Mark Strong - are all fantastic, and Guy Ritchie does a great job directing. The action is great, and the comedy is handled very well (and is funny, too).

So in short, I'd totally recommend Sherlock Holmes. It's a very entertaining movie, definitely worth seeing. On that tried-and-true Sutton Scale, I'd put at about four stars. Did it make me want to go read any Sherlock Holmes books? Not particularly. But it definitely made me want to see the movie again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home