Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th!

If you've looked at the calendar today, then you may have noticed that today is Friday the 13th. It's supposed to be the second biggest day of the year to horror fans like me, thanks in large part to both the superstitions around the day and that long-running series of movies from the '80s.

At least, it was a pretty cool day for horror fans when I was younger. There would always be two or three channels running a whole bunch of the Friday the 13th movies in a row to mark the day. But I guess times have changed. Spike TV showed Part 4 earlier today, but outside of that, I haven't seen any other channels planning anything. I checked up until this time tomorrow, and nobody has any of the movies lined up. They're not even showing that Friday the 13th TV show.

And as someone who grew up as a fan of the movies, that's a real shame. I know Halloween is the hot day for horror, so I kind of expect to see someone like AMC show whatever Halloween movies they can get (even if AMC does show the same two over and over). But seeing no love for Friday the 13th, neither the day nor the movies, is kinda sad.

At least I have the DVDs, though. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home