Sunday, September 13, 2009

Midnight Madness

Even though I like the whole concept of midnight movies, I never really get the chance to attend any. There's been two or three in the past, but not as many as I'd like. That's what I get for living so far out in the boonies. But regardless, I can add one more to the number I've seen, because I got the opportunity to head up to Lexington's Kentucky Theatre for a midnight screening of Friday the 13th, Part VII: The New Blood last night. It was part of a horror convention going on in Lexington this weekend, but while I can't get up to the convention, I couldn't miss the movie.

What made this particular midnight movie special (to me, anyway) was that it was introduced by Jason himself, Kane Hodder. He was in town for that convention, and since The New Blood was his first movie as Jason, they had him come in to say a little something before it began. I was a little bummed that his intro was only four or five minutes long, considering that I heard Gunner Hansen spoke for at least half an hour at the midnight showing of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre the night before. But I can't really complain about it, because I thought it was still cool. The best part, though, was that he stuck around for part of the movie, and when his favorite kill - the sleeping bag scene - arrived, he shouted, "You're gonna get it, bitch! Yeah!" I thought that was kinda funny.

I've got to admit that the whole thing was a lot of fun. Sitting there with a bunch of Jason fans, laughing and cheering at every awesome moment, was a great experience. I wish I could go see the Kentucky Theatre's midnight movies more often. But if I can't, at least I have this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home