Saturday, August 29, 2009

Was Adding "Part 4" To The Title Too Much Effort?

If you read this blog for a long enough period of time, you'll begin to notice that I go out to the movies quite a bit. This weekend was no exception, as I headed out to see The Final Destination this afternoon. It was either that or Halloween II, and I went with the one I thought wouldn't suck. Plus it was in 3D, and there's nothing wrong with seeing a 3D movie every now and again. (Except for the theaters inflating the ticket prices by $2.50 to cover the glasses, that is.)

So what did I think about it? I thought it was really entertaining. All the Final Destination movies are pretty much the same, since I guess they figure they shouldn't change what works. All they have to do is figure out some creative death sequences and throw around the number 180 around a bunch. But even though there's nothing about The Final Destination that makes it stand out from its three predecessors, I thought it was still a fun way to spend an hour and a half. I can't recommend it to those who aren't already fans of the franchise, but I will say that I'll give it three stars out of five.

And that's about it for this post. I might go see Halloween II next weekend, though I must admit that I'm not very excited to see it. The commercials look awful, the reviews are overwhelmingly negative, and Rob Zombie's last attempt at a Halloween movie really sucked. But I'm curious to see just how bad it really is. We'll just have to see how it goes next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home