Friday, May 29, 2009

Moving On Up

So I mentioned a few hours ago that I had plans for the evening. You may be asking, "Just what plans did you have, anyway?" Well, my family and I went out to the movies to go see the latest Pixar flick, Up. And it's in 3D too, which is always fun. So just what did I think about the movie?

I really liked it. I can usually give or take Pixar movies, since I only like about half of them. But I thought Up was a whole lot of fun. I wouldn't call it Pixar's best movie, but the fact that it was actually able to make me laugh and become misty-eyed within just a few minutes says a lot for the movie's quality. I'm amazed at just how good Pixar is at being able to generate actual emotion from viewers like that. Most live-action movies can't even do that. So yeah, Pixar rules.

But yeah, back to Up. The movie is wholly entertaining from start to finish. I didn't leave feeling disappointed. And I can appreciate that they didn't treat the 3D like some kind of cheap gimmick, either. A lot of 3D movies would be content to just point stuff at the screen, but that's not in Up. The 3D actually gives it a certain depth that it might not have had in 2D. And on the whole, I'll totally give Up four stars. I can't recommend it enough. Go check it out, won't you?

Now all that's left is for me to tie a few thousand balloons to the roof of my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home