Saturday, May 9, 2009

Beam Me Up, Scotty

You've probably seen all the commercials for the Star Trek movie lately. And if you haven't, you've probably been watching the wrong TV shows. Anyway, as a Star Trek fan, I made a point of going out and seeing the movie this afternoon. And I really liked the movie a lot.

The movie stays really faithful to the original show from the '60s, but even on its own, it's a whole lot of fun. The acting is good, the effects are stellar, and it's a thoroughly entertaining, exciting movie. I'd definitely put it up there with the classic Trek movies like The Wrath of Khan, The Voyage Home, and First Contact. The new movie is that good. So on the usual star scale, I'd give it four and a half stars out of my typical five. And I might just have to see it again sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home