Saturday, April 11, 2009

Observing And Reporting

It's been a little while, but I finally got back into my traditional routine of weekend trips to the movies. It might not last long, since there's only two movies coming out this month that I'm interested in. (But the summer season will be upon us soon enough.) But anyway, this weekend's excursion was to go see Seth Rogan's new flick Observe and Report. Or as I like to call it, "Paul Blart: Mall Cop for grownups."

The final verdict is that it was really, really funny. The plot isn't exactly a cohesive narrative, and there's a few scenes that feel like filler. But Rogan is hilarious, and Anna Faris and Ray Liotta pitch in with some funny work too. So on the whole, I thought the movie was a great comedy that utilizes its R-rating to the fullest. I'll totally give it four stars on my scale of five.

It's kind of a shame that Observe and Report had to come out on the same weekend as Hannah Montana: The Movie, though, because it's going to get annihilated at the box office. And that's a shame too, since while Miley Cyrus is a horrible actress. But I guess that sort of thing will happen, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home