Saturday, April 18, 2009

Danger! High Voltage!

With "Super Saturday 2" finally out of the way, I decided to head out to the theaters to see Crank: High Voltage. I loved the first Crank movie, so I was really looking forward to the sequel. And while it's not as good as the original, I thought it was a lot of fun.

Crank 2 is silly, over the top, and absolutely insane. And that's exactly why it's so entertaining. A scene where Jason Statham and another actor have a fight that imitates classic Godzilla movies, with rubber masks and cheap cardboard sets? That's in the movie. A scene where Statham gets knocked out and hallucinates that his younger self is on a talk show discussing his reckless behavior? Sure, okay. A scene reminiscent of the over-the-top sex scene from Team America: World Police? You better believe it. It's unbelievable and hilarious and exciting, and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. So on my usual star rating scale, I'd put Crank: High Voltage at three and a half stars and give it a thumbs up.

Unless I end up going to see State of Play, which looks really good, it'll be two weeks before anything I'd be interested in hits theaters. Those two weeks are going to be so boring, I just know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home