Saturday, February 28, 2009

Preparing To Watch The Watchmen

Today was a good day. It started out slow and kinda boring, but late in the afternoon, things turned around. And it's all because I went out and bought my ticket to see the midnight showing of Watchmen this coming Thursday night. It just shows how jazzed I am for the movie, since this is the first time I've ever bought a movie ticket this far in advance. I usually buy tickets for movies thirty to sixty minutes before the showing actually begins, but nearly a week ahead of time is something that probably won't happen again for a long while.

Now the notices posted in the theater state that the movie starts at one minute after midnight, while the tickets themselves say five minutes before midnight. Six minutes is no big deal, especially considering I'm going to try and be there plenty early anyway, but I just like things to be coordinated. Know what I mean? And like I said, it probably wouldn't hurt me to get to the theater a couple of hours ahead of time regardless. I've been reading news stories about the last few midnight screenings this theater has done. All of them had at least 650 people, if not more, show up, and people started lining up three or four hours before the movies started. While I'd probably end up being bored to death sitting around for so long in a theater lobby full of people with not much to do besides twiddle my thumbs, I really would like to find a good seat. It's a double-edged sword. And I won't be going to the movie alone, either, so I'll have to run things by my accompaniment. But when it all goes down, I'll make sure to have a report of it here.

You know, I used to pick on the rabid Twilight fans, the insane adolescent girls who went absolutely cuckoo-bananas because it got turned into a movie and just absolutely had to be there opening night and would sing the praises of the book to anyone who'd listen while generally getting on the nerves of everybody who didn't "get it." But then the Watchmen movie comes along and I went and turned into one of them. I'm sorry for ridiculing your annoying overenthusiasm, adolescent Twilight fans. I really am. I totally get it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home