Sunday, February 8, 2009

Note To Self: Never Kidnap Liam Neeson's Daughter

Howdy, folks, and welcome to the month of February here at the the MSX. Yes, I know we're already a week deep into the month, but humor me, okay?

Anyway, I headed out to the theater this afternoon, as is my wont. The movie of choice: Taken. I wasn't really for sure if I wanted to see Taken theatrically, but my dad wanted to. And since my dad isn't usually the kind of guy to choose the movie when he and I go see one together, I figured I'd tag along. I'm glad I did too, because it actually turned out to be a pretty entertaining movie.

The movie's plot is incredibly simple: Liam Neeson's daughter is kidnapped and sold into a prostitution ring, so he flies to Paris and kicks the crap out of everything and everyone between him and his daughter's safety. It's relatively light on story and character development and heavy on action, but I can't really say I expected anything from a movie written by the guys who gave us the Transporter trilogy. But as a pure action thriller, Taken is thoroughly entertaining. Liam Neeson is really good in the role, which doesn't require much out him outside of looking really pissed and beating people up. And the action, though struggling through the somewhat shaky cinematography, is really exciting. Taken is a perfectly serviceable action movie that's definitely worth checking out. So on my Five-Star Sutton Scale, I'll give it three and a half stars and a thumbs-up.

And now to play the waiting game until Friday the 13th comes out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home