Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Old Is New Again

If you've been a regular reader of this blog for the last few years, you may or may not remember a series of posts I made during the end of 2006 and beginning of 2007, where I detailed my many adventures in the Gamecube version of Resident Evil 4. It was good times back then, but my absolute devotion to the game cooled eventually. But just recently, I've gotten back into the game.

I received the updated Wii edition of Resident Evil 4 for Christmas, and I'm remembering just why I love this game so much. I've been playing it off and on for the last week or so, and arrived at the castle section of the game just a few minutes ago, and it's just like the good ol' days. I have to admit that starting from the beginning without my usual accouterments (read: my big guns with infinite ammo) is rough, but I've made it in the past, so I'm sure I'll succeed again.

I'm especially looking forward to beating this version of the game. The Wii edition boasts all of the special extra features that made me envious of the owners of the game's PS2 version. I can't wait to play all of the fun little subplots and secondary games I've been missing out on for the last few years. And I still need to go buy Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles too, because I'm a sucker for anything bearing the Resident Evil name.

And really, you should be too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home