Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting My Money's Worth

This might be a short entry, but I want to get it up while things are still fresh in my mind. My dad and I just got home from seeing some good ol' professional wrestling. No, not WWE. No, not some nameless indie promotion. No, we instead attended a show Total Nonstop Action was putting on in Lawrenceburg. Ostensibly the number-two wrestling company in America, TNA isn't a promotion I can say I watch with any regularity. I don't think I've watched TNA's show on a regular basis since they left Fox Sports in the middle of 2005. But the chance to see a bunch of wrestlers who appear on national TV, along with a handful of former WWE wrestlers, within 45 minutes of my house wasn't something I wanted to pass up. So my dad and I hit the road to see some TNA. (That sounds so very wrong.)

As someone who is perhaps the most casual of all causal TNA viewers, I have to admit that I had a really good time. The fantastic seats helped, but the fact that the wrestlers seemed to be going out of their way to entertain the crowd really enhanced the experience. The matches were all a lot of fun, and the fact that they were giving away backstage passes to certain people throughout the show really improves my view of the company. And I can't say enough about the post-show activities. After the show, five or six wrestlers came out to sign autographs, and they even let fans get into the ring to take pictures with two of the show's main eventers. (You'd better believe I took advantage of that.) And I even scored a free bag of TNA goodies by correctly answering a question in a trivia game some guy was playing with audience members that were still hanging around.

Seriously, though, the show was a blast. If TNA ran another show around here, I'd totally go. I definitely got my money's worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home