Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Who Didn't See This Coming?

Folks, it's official: Barack Obama is the next President of the United States of America.

I can't say I'm all that shocked or surprised, because he had this thing wrapped up as soon as he got the nomination. And although I can't say I agree with all of his platforms or that he had my support during his campaign, I'm still optimistic. I know America hasn't turned into some crappy third-world hellhole or anything, but things could be better, and I'm hoping that when Obama actually enters office, he'll be able to pull the country at least partially out of the slump it's been in. We'll just have to wait and see... and hope he doesn't follow in the footsteps of his predecessor by doing something incredibly stupid.

But that's about it for the political talk. Politics really aren't my forte, so to speak. But this is a pretty huge moment in American history, so I had to say something about it. How could I not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home