Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Seven Weeks Early

Okay, I'll admit it: I think I'm already in the Christmas spirit.

All truth be told, it was really starting to look that way when I was doing those posts about the holidays last month. And as much as I love Halloween and Thanksgiving, it's always been Christmas that has been my true favorite amongst the three. And now that only Thanksgiving stands between the world and Christmas, I'm starting to get more excited than before. We're still seven weeks away, but I can't help myself.

It isn't helping things that stores have had their Christmas sections set up halfway through October. I even heard Christmas carols playing over the PA system at Wal-Mart this past weekend. And I'm conflicted about it, too. Part of me has no problem with getting ready for Christmas this early in November, because I have a lot of fun with it. But on the other hand, is it too hard to wait until Black Friday before stores start going totally gung-ho with the Christmas stuff? I can understand selling trees and decorations so people can be ready, but other than that, it's nuts.

You know what? To heck with it, I'm not worried. I'm going ahead and letting myself get into the Christmas mood. I won't go full bore into it until Black Friday, but I'm still going to watch Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas special on YouTube, along with my downloaded copies of A Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I've been doing that already, and I think I might just go ahead and do that again now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home