Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Because "Badass Courier 3" Was A Lame Title

Just got back from the movies a little while ago. Despite not seeing the first two chapters in the franchise, the movie of choice was Transporter 3. And if I may be succinct, I thought the movie was a lot of fun.

I keep saying it, but entertainment should be one of the most important parts of movies like this. And Transporter 3 delivers, for sure. Yeah, the plot may be relatively anemic, but it has such an energy to it that you never really worry about it. The whole movie is an excuse for Jason Statham to get into fights, engage in car chases, and make out with some pretty Eastern European redhead. And it's got better editing and camerawork than Death Race, the movie that Statham starred in back in August. The camera didn't bounce around like the movie was being filmed during an earthquake and it didn't have any of that annoying super-choppy editing, which made it that much easier to follow all of the action scenes. So that's a plus, right? Sure, totally.

But I liked Transporter 3 a lot. I can't really complain about it. So I'm going to give it three and a half stars and a big thumbs up. And now I guess I'll have to go swing by Netflix and rent the first two Transporter movies, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home