Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Heaping Helping of Holidays

Where does the time go nowadays? It's hard to believe we're already four days deep into the month of October. And being the sort of person I am, I'm declaring that we're also four days into what I consider the true holiday season. I know the common thing to do is to call the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas "the holiday season," but I like to pride myself on being strange and unusual. So yours truly is putting forth the idea that October 1st is the true start of the holidays. Why? Because Halloween rules just as hard as the other holidays, that's why.

I know that I briefly discussed my childlike affection for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas just two weeks ago. But after seeing all of the candy and costumes and occasional Christmas item on sale at my local grocery store this afternoon, I just had to talk about my three favorite holidays again. Yes, again. Just let me indulge myself, okay?

Even though I'm technically an adult now, I've always viewed the months of October, November, and December with a glee generally reserved for kids. I know that the primary causes for this youthful enthusiasm of mine only account for three days out of the 92 days that comprise the closing trimester of the year, it is the unoccupied days that surround them that really gets the anticipation building. Seeing all the decorations around town, all of the holiday goods in stores, all of the various shows on television... it makes me feel like I'm ten years old again. This is why I love this time of year so much.

But I believe I'll share more of my feelings for these holidays as each one approaches individually. And heck, one could even throw in November 2nd as a holiday, because it'll be the seventh anniversary of the MSX. So there'll be all kinds of stuff to talk about sooner or later. Have fun waiting for the fun. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home