Thursday, October 16, 2008

Crazy Talk

Being currently between jobs and lacking any major responsibilities at the moment, I find myself with an incredible amount of free time that needs to be spent in some form or fashion. Usually, I can just handle that by playing video games, watching television or DVDs, reading comics, or goofing around on the Internet. Basically, acting the same way I did in college, only without all the wacky shenanigans.

But other times, I spend that free time coming up with various ideas that I should probably be locked up for having. Nothing illegal, just... crazy. One is my idea to run for President on the "All-Night Party" ticket. It would be my little tribute to Howard the Duck's ultimately unsuccessful campaign in 1976. But considering that I won't be eligible to run for the Presidency for another nine years, I don't see myself hanging onto that idea for that long.

Another such idea is the possibility of doing a sequel to the incredibly obscure (and incredibly lame) Canadian movie The Final Sacrifice. I doubt you've heard of The Final Sacrifice unless you've a hardcore devotee of Mystery Science Theater 3000, but I'm sure that either a Final Sacrifice sequel or a spinoff starring the heroic Zap Rowsdower would be money in the bank. (By which I mean that it wouldn't make a dime.) But do you remember all that talk I put into how I was writing a script a few years ago? Remember how I ended up basically saying, "This is hard, I quit"? That's what I think would happen to Final Sacrifice 2: Rowsdower's Revenge. It's a shame, really.

So do you see what I mean? It's crazy talk like that that runs through my mind when I don't have anything better to do. And to think, I used to wonder why all my friends thought I was weird when I was a kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home