Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Twelve Dollars Of Punishment

Good afternoon, everybody, and welcome to the month of September here at the MSX. I hope everybody had a fun Labor Day weekend, but now it's time to get back to business. And by that, I mean you'll only see posts from me after I go see a movie and come back here to talk about it. (I kid, I kid. Though it does seem like the majority of the posts I write nowadays are like that, doesn't it?)

But although I actually didn't see any movies this weekend, that's not to say I didn't do anything. To make up for no movies I was interested in being out, I went and did a little shopping this past Saturday instead. My dad and I went out to the flea market over in Shelby County, which is always a mini-adventure in and of itself. Once you step through its doors, it's like walking into another universe. If you've seen Hellboy 2, think back to the scene where the heroes go down to that secret underground promenade populated by all those fantastic creatures. It's a lot like that. Definitely a wacky place, I can say that much. And as an aside, I've never seen so many head shops in one place in my life. I counted at least three in this one flea market. If I ever wanted to start smoking pot, I know exactly where to go.

So while we were at the flea market, I found and bought a copy of the Punisher video game that was released on the original Xbox back in 2005. Yeah, there's a PlayStation 2 edition of the game too, but the Xbox version is the one I came home with. And it only cost me twelve dollars, too. After spending all weekend playing it, I must admit that I thought it was a lot of fun. It has a flaw or two, but none of them get affect the game's quality. Truth be told, I had so much fun playing the game that I actually had a hard time putting it down for more than an hour or two at a time. I ended up beating it late last night, but I'm thinking of jumping back into it sooner or later, just to see if there's anything in the game that I missed. That's how much I got into the game.

All in all, the game was worth more than just the twelve bucks I paid for the game. I'd been hunting for it for a while, and I'm happy to have finally found a copy of it. I'm a little curious as to why THQ haven't released a sequel, but I guess there's a good reason why. If they ever announced that they were making Punisher 2 for the Xbox 360, I'd go get in line right now. Now if only I could find a copy of Grand Theft Auto 4 for that kind of money, I'd be set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home