Saturday, September 6, 2008

Missing Summertime Superheroes

So I just now noticed that Fox Reality Channel has been running a marathon of the first season of Who Wants To Be A Superhero? today. But just my luck, I didn't notice until they started running the last episode. How could I let something huge like this go on without my full and undivided attention? Why was I not informed?

If you were reading the MSX during the summers of 2006 and 2007, you might remember that I really enjoyed Who Wants To Be A Superhero?. I'm actually really bummed that the Sci-Fi Channel didn't run a third season of the show this summer. Yeah, I know that nobody who has seen it will ever accuse Who Wants To Be A Superhero? of being the best reality show ever. And as much as I hate to say it, I doubt it'd even make the top five. But what I loved so much about it was that it was just unabashedly silly, harmless entertainment that was actually really charming in a goofy way. Even when it was at its most lame (I'm looking at you, the entire second season), there was still the sense that it was never supposed to be taken seriously in the first place.

I don't know if the show's been cancelled or if it's taking a year off, or anything like that. But at least Fox Reality Channel's showing reruns, and I can live with that. Now if there's nothing about the show next summer, that's when I'm gonna raise a big ol' stink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home