Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lights Out

[You devoted readers, all none of you, may or may not remember what I jokingly called my "Blackout Manifesto." To refresh your memories, the series of posts comprising the Blackout Manifesto were basically things I scribbled into a notebook during power outages in order to pass the time. This post is another chapter into that series.]

The time is in the neighborhood of 10:30 p.m., and here I am sitting in the dark, pen in hand and notebook before me. The power went out about 1:30 this afternoon thanks to the ultra-high winds coming through the area courtesy of that pesky hurricane passing through the Gulf of Mexico. At least I have a flashlight handy, but who knows how long the batteries will hold out.

As much as I hate power outages, I can tolerate them so much more when the sun is up. I enjoy being able to see what I'm doing and where I'm going without a flashlight or candles. Know what I mean? This is why I could never survive as a blind person. I enjoy being able to see way too much.

My real beef with being stuck in a power outage is what I constantly find myself needing to be entertained. Maybe I have ADD or something, I have no idea. But yeah, I can get restless rather quickly. And since I usually don't have all that much to do besides watch television and goof around on the Internet, I find myself being quite bored. If everyone in my house besides myself weren't asleep, I would be hunting down some board games or something. Though we do have a portable TV around here somewhere. Maybe I should go hunt it down.

[To be continued...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home