Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Holiday Triple Threat

The toy section wasn't the only part of Wal-Mart I visited today. I also noticed that they had an aisle or two dedicated to Halloween products. I guess that means that not only is autumn actually upon us now, but my favorite trimester of the year is coming up soon as well.

The span from October to December, as I'm sure you may be aware, covers the three holidays I anticipate more than any others: Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I'm a big kid at heart, and if any of the 365 days on the calendar can get my inner child excited, it's those three. I'm a little surprised that they're rolling out the Halloween stuff in the middle of September, but the big shocker is that I was in a store the other day that is already putting Christmas items on the shelves. Does that seem a wee bit premature to anybody else? It isn't even October yet, and they couldn't wait to put the Christmas decorations up?

But as weird as that comes across, I actually can't complain. As a matter of fact, I enjoy seeing the holidays up like that already. Like I said, I'm a big kid, and Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are the three most kid-friendly holidays out there. At least, that's how I like to view them. There's so many fun memories from my childhood that center around those holidays that I can't help but love them as an adult. I'm sure I'll have more to say about each holiday individually once they finally arrive, but as for now, I'll just say that I can't wait for the holiday triple threat. They'll be here before you know it, and I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home