Sunday, September 14, 2008

Beating Boredom

[Thus continues the latest addition to my "Blackout Manifesto."]

The time is almost 11:00, and yeah, the power is still out. Whoopee. My search for that portable television turned up fruitless, sadly. Though considering that I had to limit where I searched - I couldn't really go digging through bedroom closets out of fear of waking up everybody else - I'm not surprised I couldn't find it. I probably could conduct those searches anyway, but since I have all the grace of an angry bull in a china shop, I would probably awaken a sleeping giant or two and get chewed out for rummaging through closets for no good reason. Besides, I'm not exactly 100% sure if we had the proper batteries to go in it. It's not like I can plug it into the wall or anything right now.

And now that I think about it, that portable TV will probably be useless come February after the digital conversion is finalized. At least it has a radio on it. And I do have a battery-powered radio beside me, so at least I have something to keep me from climbing the walls right now.

Anyway, while I'm writing, I might as well write about something worth reading about later. I spoke in the prior post that I'm in need of constant entertainment, lest I go loony from boredom. I guess I'm incredibly susceptible to cabin fever, I don't know. But maybe thirty minutes into the power outage, my buddy Moses came over in order to ease his own boredom by giving himself somebody to talk to. And after an hour or two of raiding the Spider-Man section of my comic book collection for some entertainment, we decided to get out of the house and go see a movie. But I'll continue talking about that in the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home