Sunday, August 17, 2008

Writing For The Sake Of It

You know, I must have missed the memo, but I would have been happy if Blogger had let me know they were going to be tinkering around with the layouts of some of the blogs. I noticed the other day that the very blog you're reading right now had been reduced to just a simple white page with the text in Times New Roman, with with no fancy formatting or anything like that. I had to go in, hit the reset button, and re-add all the links and revolving taglines in order to straighten it out. It looks like I've got it taken care of, but it was still a bit of an inconvenience. And me and inconveniences just don't jive.

Anyway, there's other things I'm here to talk about. For example, I've finally started getting back into writing. I finished up two new reviews earlier in the week, which is nice, because I felt like I've been working on them for forever in a day. But alas, it'll be a while before I have them posted, as they're part of my "Super Saturday 2" project. And I'm actually thinking of putting a temporary hold on that project so I can do a few extra reviews to tide you, my faithful readers, over until I can get "Super Saturday 2" finished. I watched The Lost Boys for the first time in forever a couple of days ago, which really put me in the mood to review that and its recently-released sequel sometime in the future. So maybe you should keep an eye out for them in the next few months?

I've also been wanting to write about a lot of the movies I've been downloading over the last eight months. Movies like George Romero's Diary of the Dead and Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd have been crying out for me to finally watch them, while Juno is totally waiting for my repeat viewing. Plus I have a bunch of other movies I'd like to get around to reviewing, but as I'm wont to say, we'll just have to see how it goes.

But I plan on having something worth reading posted sometime in the near future... maybe. Of course, I could just work on improving my regular posts instead of doing this "here's what I'm trying to write" style of thing, but I've kinda gotten into a routine here. Know what I mean? Yeah, I'm sure you do.

So that's about it for this one. I'm sure you'll here more from me later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home