Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sibling Rivalry... Sort Of

Howdy, folks, and welcome to the month of August here at the MSX. And as I am wont to do, I made my usual weekend trip to the movie theater. This particular trip was to check out Step Brothers, the new comedy starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly. And while the reviews for the movie have been mixed at best, I didn't think it was too bad of a movie. Matter of fact, I thought it was pretty darn funny.

I'll admit that the movie does have a few flaws. Like the story, for example, is complete nonsense from start to finish. But the movie redeems itself by being as silly as possible. But not a minute or two goes by without something that's at least a little funny. Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly should probably go ahead and have themselves surgically attached to Judd Apatow, just to make sure that their future comedies don't suck. (Just sayin', is all...)

So yeah, Step Brothers isn't all that bad. It's definitely good for some laughs, that's for sure. (And it's weird that the characters are pretty much exactly like me, except I'm not forty and my parents are still married.) I guess that on my still patent-pending Five-Star Sutton Scale, I'd say Step Brothers is worth about three and a half stars. And that sounds about right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home