Sunday, July 6, 2008

Where Can I Buy A Robot Like Wall-E?

I said in my post on Friday that I wanted to go out and see Wall-E sometime, and that's just what I did this afternoon. I must admit to having something of a love/hate relationship with Pixar. I love half of their movies, and I'm rather ambivalent towards the other half. But I thought the commercials for Wall-E looked cute, so I made a point of seeing it when the opportunity presented itself today.

And let it be known that every positive thing you may have heard about Wall-E is true. It's a thoroughly entertaining, enjoyable movie from start to finish. I was initially afraid that the movie's whole eco-friendly subtext would be overbearing or preachy, but it really wasn't, and Wall-E's a far better movie because of that. It focuses more on the love story between the two lead characters, and it does it with as little dialogue as possible. The two leads, Wall-E and Eve, have a combined vocabulary of about six words. And truth be told, they don't need to speak. Pixar has let their animation do the talking here, similar to the old silent movies. Only one robot and the human characters have any extensive dialogue, and you know what? That works just fine.

I really cannot say enough good things about Wall-E. Once it has its hooks in you, it'll suck you in and keep you involved all the way to the end. It's charming, heartwarming, funny, and worth every dime of the ticket price. So on the World Famous Five-Star Sutton Scale, Wall-E is worth an easy four stars. Go see it and enjoy it, if you haven't yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home