Sunday, July 13, 2008

Give 'Em Hell, Boy

Once again, yours truly made his way to the movies this afternoon. I know it seems like I've been saying that a lot lately, but that sort of thing will happen when you're a movie fan during the summer blockbuster season. Anyway, I hit a movie theater this afternoon to check out Hellboy II: The Golden Army. I was a fan of the first movie, so I was most definitely looking forward to a sequel. And I'll say that Guillermo del Toro didn't let me down at all.

Hellboy II is nothing but fun from beginning to end, no doubt about it. It feels like some scenes containing a plot point or two were missing, but it's nothing that detracts from the movie in any way. It's still constructed in such a fashion that will keep you engaged and entertained through the whole movie. From del Toro's direction and script to the actors, all of the movie's elements combine to make a fine piece of work. And how about that cast, huh? Each and every major player - particularly Ron Perlman in the lead role - does a fantastic job, and the interactions between the protagonists is enough to warrant the ticket price.

After seeing this, I can say that there's now a movie to rival Iron Man as the best comic book movie of 2008. (That is, unless The Dark Knight blows them all out of the water next weekend.) Hellboy II is, quite simply, a great movie. So on my Five-Star Sutton Scale, I'll give it a solid four stars, for sure. Go check it out, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home