Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fifty Dollars Well Spent

It's common knowledge amongst my longtime readers that in addition to my affection for movies and comic books, I'm also a fan of professional wrestling. Yeah, I know that there's a certain stigma around both pro wrestling and its fans, but whatever, I'm a fan anyway.

I mention that because I got to attend the WWE house show at Rupp Arena last night. This was the first WWE event I've been to since the pay-per-view show they ran back in 2006, and they didn't let me down. The show was nothing but fun from start to finish, but I guess I can say that about every WWE show I've been to over the last ten years. From the big name talent to the no-name talent, everyone on the show did their best to entertain the crowd and make it worth the money spent. And for that, I thank them.

I'm bummed that Kentucky doesn't get very many WWE shows, though. It seems like we only get one or two every other year, and we get TV tapings even less than that. I doubt anybody from WWE will ever read this, but why not bring more TV shows or pay-per-views to the Lexington area? Heck, at this point, I'd be happy with a TNA show, and I don't even watch TNA.

Yeah, I guess that this post hasn't been as in depth as it could have been. But there isn't really all that much I can say. A WWE show is something that needs to be seen in person, instead of having it described to you. And needless to say, I'll definitely be at Rupp Arena next time they come to town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home